Sunday 20 January 2013

A Natural Indicator: Turmeric

We had this holiday homework to make a New Year card using Turmeric indicator...I accidentally submitted the card without clicking a pic..so you won't get to see how awesome it was but I'll tell you how i made it....

We require Turmeric and Rubbing Alcohol ( Nail polish remover) to make the paste.




 After making a paste out of these,  by mixing them together (don't make it tooo thick) spread the paste on normal, thin paper.





 Cut the paper into strips and now use your indicator.

Try using soap solution...


The strip turns red when it comes in contact with a base (i.e the soap solution)






Now test using an acid....such as Vinegar....


If you use a new strip then the colur remain the same.....and If you use the used strip that is red because you tested it with a base the red turns back to yellow....


If i get my card back I will upload a picture of it!!

Please comment! +1! and Subscribe!

21 comments:

  1. It helped me a lot......thnk u

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a pic as soon as pos

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot for the info! :)
    very helpful...
    but upload the pic as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry... the teacher kept the cards :(

      Delete
  4. thanks for d information !

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks you helped me with my activity
    reply

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, this is very helpful experiment.i had done it like greeting card .i got A grade:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. helpsss me alot 'n' lot. my teachee appriciate me when i show it to her!" thankss a lot ,.. thank u veryyyyy muchhh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really it is very helpful for ICSE Candidates Bcs in the Chapter of Ammonia there is a test for the characteristic of liquid NH3 .Therefore it is very helpful to Us. . . . ..



    Thank You . . ..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really it is very helpful for ICSE Candidates Bcs in the Chapter of Ammonia there is a test for the characteristic of liquid NH3 .Therefore it is very helpful to Us. . . . ..



    Thank You . . ..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really it helps me lot thanks a lot for information

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was awesome it heed me a lot thanks for helping me out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im your biggest fan Yutsi ! Ilysm ! Please keep writing ! Your blogs keep me alive ! They've made me love science for the first time in my life ! Ly Yutsi !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice blog,i never ever had seen earlier this type of blogs which contain this type of information.. I really appreciate your effort thank you for sharing this information which really very-very good for the users as well as for mine..

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's Good. You explained this thing in a very good language I like it .It helped me a lot in my exam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's Good. You explained this thing in a very good language I like it .It helped me a lot in my exam.

    ReplyDelete